During our herd health check, the veterinarian had suggested that I shampoo the goats that are having issues with mites. So I bought some medicated equine shampoo, and today it was warm enough to wash them. I have never washed a goat before. I did wash a sheep, Spike, after I rescued him. I knew the goats would hate it, and they did. Here is Shorty being washed.
And Billy being washed.
I hope this helps them with their mite issues. Shorty, in particularly, needs to grow some hair on her back legs before the weather turns cold. I also bought some Moxidectin, on the vet’s advice, in case the mites are becoming resistant to the ivermectin I had been using.
One other issue today was the fact that all of our ripe ears of corn that we didn’t pick has been eaten. We still have a few unripe cobs left so I decided to make rabbit/deer repellant today and sprayed them. Here it is all mixed up. I really hope this works.