was today. This involves us catching each of our 29 sheep, moving them to the stand and hoisting them onto the stand, securing their head. Then Tom trimmed their hooves. This is usually my job but with my messed up finger he got to do it this time. I assessed their body condition, fleece quality and conjunctiva color. I gave them copper supplements as well. Then we moved each one out of the barn and went to catch another.
This is exhausting for all involved and hard on our backs. We are now trying to recover. Some fleeces looked better than I thought, others worse. The sheep were a little thinner than I expected but no real surprises. The hooves were better than expected with minor exceptions. All the sheep had great color. I am glad it is over.
This is the 29th sheep we did. It is Logan, one of our ancient wethers.