The pigs Porky and Penelope are still with us. We haven’t heard from the butcher yet. They are getting quite large.
Here is a photo of Shorty and Peewee sunning themselves in the barn this morning. They are getting aged, but they are still good friends.
And here is a photo of them when they were less than one month old.
Since the last update in early October, I have been getting progressive worse with my left knee swelling, fatigue, shortness of breath and palpitations. I couldn’t walk at all at the mountain trailer because the breathing was so bad at altitude but even at home I am breathing hard with simple walking. My prednisone has increase to 15 mg so I am waiting to see if that will help. I am stopping the sulfasalazine and methotrexate as they have not helped, and the plan is to start Enbrel. I am waiting for insurance authorization. My labs are OK except my creatinine (kidney test) is a little high, perhaps from the NSAIDS I had been taking. I am scheduled for exercise pulmonary testing at the end of the month and hoping that will give me some answers. I am still not sure if all of this is the reactive arthritis from the Norovirus I got at work in February or if some of it is post COVID symptoms from possibly having COVID in March after taking care of a patient then that likely had the virus. I am still working, but it is a struggle.