after a nice Thanksgiving break.
Tom has been working on putting a roof over our trailer. We use this trailer for storage and projects like pressing apples and drying wool fleeces. But after the spruce tree fell on it, we needed a new roof. We had used a tarp, but it has failed so this became urgent. Ryeleigh has been helping.
And here is this section of roofing completed
Yesterday there was some minor flooding in our fields but nothing more so far.
The yarn I put up in front of the barn completely collapsed in the windstorms.
The yarns in the back of the barn are still intact.
I have been restacking and moving the hay bales in the hay barn trying to save them from upcoming floodwaters. I put some on plastic as an extra barrier against moisture.
Tom bought some colorful nylon string so I ran that in front of the barn today. Hopefully it lasts and scares the hawks.
Meanwhile the trailer had sprung another leak just past where Tom had built the roof. We think his walking on the trailer’s roof had contributed. So in a torrential downpour he put a new tarp up. I helped by bringing old tires to the roof to hold the tarp down. So far it is helping keep the rain out.
It is always something.