So back to farm chores…First I made a roof for our manure spreader. I had these pieces of tin laying on top, but they blew off in the winds. So I placed old fence posts on the spreader and screwed the tin pieces into them. Hopefully this will hold the tin in place better.
Then I turned my attention to the fencing. Hopefully it is evident in the photo how the rams have bent the fence and removed the staples holding it to the posts.
So I pushed the fence back against the posted and nailed new staples in. There were 30 total posts that needed this work. Here’s two of the culprits, McFly and Jocko, trying to look innocent.
Then walking toward the house I noticed this:
I had thought about taking it easy at this point but with the croci in mid-January I realized I needed to get the pruning done pronto. So I took the pruners to half the orchard. Here’s part of it:
I also took down some bamboo that is encroaching on some of our fruit trees. I pulled the bamboo into the barnyard. The goats, donkeys and peafowl love bamboo!