Did not die but he tried to. Last week he separated himself from the flock and stopped eating. I thought maybe he got into something that could have cause some bloat or hardware disease. We gave it a couple of days, and it did not improve. I started worrying about urinary calculi. On Sunday I called the vet but received no response. So Monday morning Tom called the vet to come out while I went to Swedish Day. He thought it was calculi so Tom brought him into the clinic for blood work and surgery. After the blood work he thought it was more likely that he had consumed something poisonous and kept him overnight for IVF. The next day he was 50% better, but they decided to keep him another night. That next afternoon he had recovered enough to go home. I was working so Tom picked him up. The tech there thought that he was cute. Every time someone came in the door he was hoping it was us bringing him home. But Wednesday afternoon he got his wish. Here he is being let into the barnyard again.

Tom said he immediately ran to his goat buddies and started eating. He is doing well. He is one tough goat. He survived a cougar attack while the rest of the flock was killed. He is missing part of one ear and has a limp in his left ear after this attack. We got him in 2011 as a 3 year old buck after this attack near the Rogue River. Later we had him wethered, and he just hangs out as a friendly blue eyed goat.

Unfortunately we do not know what he got into. We cannot find anything. We have had mushroom problems at this time of year in the past. But I do not see any. I hope he will be okay and continue to be our friendly blue-eyed goat.

This entry was posted in Farm. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Bumble

  1. Glad there’s been ONE happy outcome!

  2. Jeanne says:

    Whew!! That was a relief!! He’s a handsome fellow. I hope there won’t be anymore of that kind of thing!!

  3. FullyFleeced says:

    Glad Bumble is ok! sounds like it was a close call-

  4. Pingback: Bumble | Schoonover Farm Blog

Leave a Reply