New Acquisition

Welcome Bumble-Bea to our farm.  He is a blue-eyed, polled, buckskin Nigerian Dwarf buck.  We acquired him from an Oregon farm that had lost all but him and another goat to cougars.   He is currently in quarantine and will need treatment and testing but then will be available for breeding.  Tom thinks “Bumble” is not a tough enough name for a buck and wants to call him “Killer Bee” instead.  What do you think?

This entry was posted in Farm. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to New Acquisition

1. Michelle says:

Just call him Worker Bee for all the nice kids he’ll give you!

2. Chai Chai says:

I don’t know he must be fairly tough to have held off the cougar….

• He must be, although he was separated from the does and in with horses so maybe that is what saved him.
      Tom is now suggesting Mason Bee for his name- better than Killer Bee in my mind.

3. Karen Anne says:

The poor guys, I would think they’d be nervous wrecks. What happened to the other one?

4. Zakgirl says:

I was going to say he looks like he’s got the killer instinct in those eyes and perhaps a bit mischievious, and now that I’ve read that he’s had experience with Cougars I know that look is there for a reason.

He’s pretty amazing.

I reckon he’s going to be a handful but good fun. Enjoy him.

Zak.

5. Jackie Craw says:

I like worker, or Mason Bee, not killer. How about surivor bee (ha ha). that’s too bad about the other goats. He sure is a pretty color. I’m sure you will have some beautiful kids from him. He is blessed to be living at your farm.
    Jackie

• Thanks Jackie! I thought Killer was a bit much. Maybe we’ll compromise with Mason? I hope he is blessed and that we are not “blessed” with unplanned pregnancies from him.

6. Teresa says:

He doesn’t really look like a killer. Bumble, Mason, Worker–I can buy into those.

7. Tracey says:

A-Bea (he looks like an Abe to me)…with kids O-Bea and K-bea…I do believe he is smiling in this picture…pretty animal! (Sorry for the twisted humor…it’s late and I can’t sleep!!)

8. Cindy Varieur says:

Killer, Mason, Worker or BB…. he produces great kids we have two of his offspring and they are handsome (Cobalt-polled buckling) and pretty (blue-eyed speckled-fawn with white, doeling) animals—thank him for his great service

9. Cindy Varieur says:

oops… the blue-eyed doeling’s name is “Forget-me-not”

10. Pingback: Bumble | Schoonover Farm Blog